Gerlaw School founded in 1879.
Gerlaw, No# 17, located in section 34 Spring Grove Township, Warren County. In the little hamlet of Gerlaw, Mr. and Mrs. R.W. Gerlaw sold the school trustees land for a school in 1879. The Ralston and Indian Grove School shared many activities that the Gerlaw School held.
The largest attendance of 24 students occurred during the 1930-1931 term. At that time Bernice Brimhall was the teacher.
Gerlaw was a graded school and after grade 8, the children were bussed to Monmouth High School to continue their education.
The school closed in 1959 when the Warren School District #222 was organized.