- Home /
- Tag List: Warren County Historical Society
Artifacts with Tag :: Warren County Historical Society
The many different styles of whisks can be seen by visiting this website:
95 Public Square was originally built as a Pabst Brewery owned pub, Blue Ribbon Hall. This pub was said to be home to the longest bar in Illinois at the time which ran from the front of the building to the back. The concrete emblem is still above the door behind the current Kellogg's sign.
During the same time the bar was in operation, the second floor was occupied by a cigar factory. While women were not allowed in the pub, they were the main employees of the factory where they rolled cigars six days a week.
The third floor of this building was a sort of banquet hall where dances and receptions were held.
Succeed Joseph Pease and son in 1885. South Side C.B. & Q tracks. Sold to Proctor and Gamble in Cincinnati, Ohio and closed.
Original certificate issuing 100,000 of stock from the Monmouth Plow Factory.
Used during war time to combine, trench plow, and cut 24inches deep. Typically pulled by 3-4 horses.
1882 Patte Plow and Company Cultivator. Owned by Kistler and Company and the Monmouth Stone Company.
1930s Mounted on tractor and driven through field to clear grasshoppers.
Wagon (Scoop board)
1912 from Sears and Roebuck for 45.00 by Walker Talifomo.
Used to chop ears of corn.
Used to take the shell of of an ear of corn.
John Deer 1 row corn planter. Deere and Mansur Company in Moline, Illinois.
1810 Early Illinois Barn Frame from Kirkwood, Illinois.
2 horse planter by Hayes Planter and Pump Company in Galva, Illinois.
1873 Monmouth, Illinois.
1900s Potato Planter
Used to drill wheat between corn rows.
The Warren County Virtual Museum
Web application copyright © 2017, City of Monmouth, Illinois. Owners retain copyright to their respective works.
Page rendered in 0.0196
seconds | Memory usage: 3.64MB